The N4680 scan engine is extremely motion tolerant to reach 6 m/s with its image
capture at the rate of 120 fps maximum. Its powerful processor is 2.5 times faster.
With the latest decoder platform from Honeywell, the device supports a wide variety
of symbologies, including 1D, 2D and OCR . It also includes advanced features that
support reading poorly printed and on-screen barcodes. These attributes make
the N4680 scan engine useful to address the growing trend of many paperless,
The N4680 allows customers simple integration either with standard serial TTL or
USB interface, a compact form factor and no mechanical design issues in dealing with
an extra cable and decoder board. Whether you are looking for a scan engine to handle
scanning-intensive applications, like many hand-held terminals, or need a compact
size to fit into tight mechanical designs, the N4680 provides your answer for both
mobile and fixed applications.
- Drop-in replacement for the Honeywell N3680 Series scan engines with the same electrical and mechanical compatibility, but with a much higher motion tolerance that allows customers to design the device into scanning-intensive applications.
- Fully integrated, one-piece design scan engine, so there’s no need for an extra decoder board or host decoder programming. The N4680 Series does not require a separate CPU or OS for integration into a device.
- Improved snappiness with global shutter has much higher motion tolerance of 6 m/s versus 0,1 m/s in rolling shutter.
- Supports beyond barcode functionalities such as OCR and TotalFreedom™ that offer an open-system architecture for developing software plug-ins to implement value-added custom features such as Honeywell’s EasyDL™.
- Wide operating temperature range provides application flexibility.